Skip to content
Assembly Tips & Tricks
- Safety first – please take care when working with tools, especially a carpet knife.
- Keep small parts out of reach of small children.
- Parental guidance essential!
- Follow the assembly instructions carefully, when you’re not sure what to do, page forward and also the final picture, it is after all a puzzle.
- Break parts carefully out of the board. Rather cut with a hacksaw blade or carpet knife.
- Cut parts out on a cutting board or workbench.
- Sand bridges away where the parts were joined to the board.
- When sanding first use coarse sanding aperand then fine afterwards to finish.
- For a finished look, sand the edges and surfaces of parts briefly. Thicknesses of MDF may vary slightly from time to time.
- To finish holes, carve with a carpet knife or use a dowel/pen wrapped with a piece of sanding paper.
- Don’t force parts to fit, rather sand them down a little, MDF/Supawood may vary in thickness.
- Parts should have a snug fit.
- Assembly of compound wheels – First fit to the vehicle and then glue!
- Pre- Assemble before painting, take apart, paint individual parts and then re-assemble.
- The edges may require more than 1 coat of paint
- Have fun!